Local Markets and fresh produce on the Sunshine Coast
With fabulous year round weather and great surfing beaches, Mooloolaba has become a favourite holiday spot for locals and visitors alike. Another reasons that locals, in particular, come here is because of the fabulous local produce markets on the Sunshine Coast.
Markets: Fresh produce on the Sunshine Coast
There is a great selection of fresh produce on the Sunshine Coast, particularly in Mooloolaba, close to your Ocean’s luxury accommodation. So why not spend a few lazy hours wandering around the local markets, soaking up the gourmet atmosphere?
- Parkyn Parade fresh seafood: The hub for fresh seafood, Parkyn Parade has a number of fabulous seafood restaurants serving freshly caught seafood bought at the local wharf. Check out the daily catch and maybe treat yourself to the freshest fish and chips on the Sunshine Coast. Parkyn Parade has some of the best local produce in Mooloolaba.
- Fisherman’s Road Market: Held every Sunday morning in Maroochydore, this is a very popular local market selling just about everything you could desire. This is one of the best places to find lots of fresh local produce on the Sunshine Coast. It’s very popular with the locals.
- Nights on Ocean: Held on the 2nd Friday of each month at Ocean St in Maroochydore (from 5pm to 9pm), this is an evening of cultural arts, crafts and fresh local produce. A great time to sample the local produce and try some of the fabulous restaurants in the area.
- Caloundra Street Fair: Every Sunday morning Caloundra hosts these fabulous markets with over 200 stalls selling everything from handcrafts to fresh local produce. These markets are famous for their street performers and buskers – an event not to be missed.
- Noosa Farmers Market: Held every Sunday morning, this is known locally as the showcase for some of the freshest produce on the Sunshine Coast.
- Eumundi Markets: Well known in the local area, these extensive markets are a world unto themselves. Everything you could possibly want is here: arts and crafts, fresh local produce, fashion and jewellery, music and entertainment.
Cafés: Local produce on the sunshine coast
- B Fresh Market Café: Located at Caloundra, this hip little café sells fresh local produce, lots of deli items and organic food. They also brew a mean coffee and serve great meals. A super spot for breakfast, but you need to be quick as they are very popular.
- Get Fresh Cotton Tree: This funky café focusses on organic foods and local produce from the Sunshine Coast. It belongs to the Get Fresh indoor produce market just next door, so you can check out the best of their produce and then pop next door and enjoy a bite to eat. A great spot for an early breakfast or a light lunch.
More Things to Do
subscribe to our newsletter
a carefree yet
is within walking distance